Old April 20th 12, 03:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_9_]

Default Translation from Hungarian, please

Ο "Nick Knight" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
In , on 04/20/2012
at 12:07 AM, "Pedro" said:

He does not like very much new members (IMO).

I'm not a "new member" in any sense, but it seems old Victor doesn't like
when people stick up for the new guy he's trying to berate.

That's exactly his problem!
As he's quite old he has nothing left in life but posing as the ultimate
authority (even if he is one, a decent person would not advertise it, he
would leave others to do that...) in stamps' matters.
He also thinks of himself as the ng owner and the ng/internet police.
He wants to control the subjects to be discussed here, also control the
answers of the posters.
In a few words in his little, virtual world he sees himself as...G-d!
Good luck with that.
Anyway, can we go back and discuss stamps?
My opinion is that the man is ill educated and not worth, and I stand by it.
But my opinion or the opinion of others is irrelevant here, we are here to
talk stamps so I'd prefer to read and learn more about stamps but attending
quarrels where this "gentleman" is implicated and constantly fuels them all
the time.

So...!
A few days ago I received my first butch of Vatican stamps and I'm delighted
with the quality of them!
Of course I understand they are not going to be any.rarities in the future
but as in any other hobby I believe our first aim is to please our eyes with
what we collect;-)
Now I'm doing a research how to best store my stamps and I see that the
various companies which produce "masks" cannot cover all sizes stamps are
made! Are the "strip" masks a solution to this problem (buy the right H for
the stamp and then cut them, in the horizontal direction)? I have for
example a 48x31mm stamp and there is no mask for this size. Or a couple of
98x134mm foglios.

tnx

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

I'd have to
guess he's a very old cranky fool. Well, the "very old" part is the only
guess. He may actuallty be a very young cranky fool. "Clinging" to
something, but I don't think it has much at all to do with the newsgroup.

Sorry. [META][RCSD][BS][VOCF] ...

Nick