Old June 9th 05, 09:26 PM
ROBERT TEEVAN

Default Aberdeen Town & County Bank

Can anyone give me any information regarding the early life of this Bank? I
know it was founded in 1825 and the first Banknotes were printed by Perkins
Heath. (later Perkins & Bacon of postage stamp fame).

I have a letter from Aberdeen (dated 16th June 1825) to Perkins Heath,
Engravers, London complaining about the printing quality of the recently
received banknotes. It is signed by a William Brown.

As per Douglas (Scottish Banknotes) I do not think that Perkins were the
printers of banknotes for any other Aberdeen bank which suggests that this
is a letter in the very early life of the bank and perhaps the first note
issue.

Does anyone know anything more re William Brown or who exactly founded this
Bank. (No need to check Checkland, Munn or Graham as no mention).