Old November 17th 03, 01:40 AM
Bruce Remick

Ami . wrote:

The designs don't matter, the utility does.

I think the design on a coin does matter. Take a look at the Susan B.
Anthony dollar. People complained that its an "ugly" coin as well as
rejected it because it was too easily mistaken for a quarter.

Also, people complain that the Sacagawea dollar design appears to have
been based on a Disney cartoon.

What's unatractive about Disney cartoons? What about the Kennedy half?
I can't recall, people ever calling it ugly. See one lately? I
don't think the quarter and dime are particularly attractive, but I
blindly use them because they're dimes and quarters. We could put an
ivory cameo Mona Lisa on the dollar, people would comment pro and con
for a few months, and then they'd go back to ignoring it.

Bruce