Old July 24th 16, 02:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default Illegal Stamps in Exhibits at the New York 2016 World Stamp Show

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 4:56:23 PM UTC-4, Victor Manta wrote:
The huge World Stamp Show (WSS) opened its doors in New York City on May 28,
2016 and closed them on June 4, 2016. Held under the direct patronage of the
International Federation of Philately ( FIP), it included the display of
4,146 frames of the best competitive stamp exhibits from around the world.
Tens of thousands of visitors were able to admire the multiple facets of the
wonderful world of stamp collecting and spread worldwide their impressions
related to this exceptional celebration of stamp collecting.

As is the case with any public and international event, it is necessary to
take stock of both the positive and eventually any negative aspects in order
to ensure that the next such event could be even more successful. Although
the WSS is over, we still should take a closer look at what was exhibited
and what we should remember about the exhibits. And then we should not
oversee the fact that even such a world-class exhibition can reveal the
darker sides of a generally bright and exciting picture of what philately
and stamp collecting should represent. More precisely, illegal stamps were
found included in a number of competitive stamp exhibits.

For more information: http://www.pwmo.org/Illegals/16-WPO-Report-WSS-NY.htm

Victor Manta, PWO

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/