Old December 17th 12, 08:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default shoebox of - .10, .25, .50, 1.00

On Dec 17, 1:58*pm, "ps56k" wrote:
"ps56k" wrote in message

I have a shoebox in the bottom of our dresser that I think was from our
parents house.
It has a couple of baggies of dimes, quarters, 1/2 dollars, and maybe some
silver dollars.

How should I go thru the coins to determine what is what ?
ie - not being a coin collector......
which of the vintages would be worth bringing to a dealer vs just normal
coinage ?

--

well - here's my first run at the shoebox....
BTW - tossed it on the scale - 12 lbs

Dollars - just a couple,
* * thought there were more - 1971, 74, 76

Half - 1963 and older - Franklin
* * * * * 1964 - Kennedy
* * * * * 1965-72 Kennedy
* * * * also have some 1940's - Liberty

Quarters - 2 bags - not sorted them yet -
* * * * but have a couple 1925 very warn flat quarters

Dimes - 1950s, and 1960, 61, 62, 63, 64
* * * also have a couple 1940s Liberty

Just FYI, the 40% silver Kennedys run 1965 through 1969.

Kennedys dated 1971 and 1972 are totally copper-nickel and are super
common.

oly