Old August 4th 03, 12:31 AM
David F.

I have not discussed this issue with Toke at all, but I have
written to you in private and asked you to remove "my part"
of the SNA fenny-award page. You refused flatly. You told
me that because I had published my opinion on a public NG,
you were free to use that opinion on your page without asking
first. I couldn't convince you that *I* have the copyright to what
I say, and that I do not wish to be quoted before knowing first.
You asked me whether I was afraid of somebody or something.
I am not; it is simply a matter of principle that I want to know
where I am to be quoted and in which context. I want to maintain
my right to say "no", and expected of course that you would
respect that. By refusing to remove anything quoted from me,
you have not respected my rights. In case you do not remember
this private discussion between us, I will be happy to forward
the related emails to you.

At that point I gave up discussing with you, knowing that your
main attitude is "don't argue with me, because you won't win".
The only thing I could say was DON'T DO IT IN THE FUTURE!

Ann Mette Heindorff

I have no wish to inflame any sensitive discussion points here,
but surely there is no question of having any 'copyright' control
over comments and opinions made on a Public NewsGroup?

Everything posted here is placed in the "Public Domain", and there
is no restriction on who can subscribe to the NG and read all of
the messages placed here, using the information as they wish.

If you do not wish to be quoted as having a particular view or opinion,
then why state it in the first place? Is it the truth or not?

I do not see the problem!

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

David.