Old August 26th 04, 01:45 PM
dahoov2

The opinions expressed by others are proabably a minority as people
love this show or they'd not have so many guests, buyers, dealers and
have it so often.

People are missing out by dismissing some of these people as B and has
beens or just famous for showing cheesecake in B movies. Many of
these people live fascinating lives and someone like I saw Delores
Fuller on the list, can tell you a LOT. Did you know she was married
to Ed Wood? He was an icon of the old classics like Dracula.......
and worked with (and so did she) people like Bela Legosi. They must
have a million stories.... so don't feel bad if someone says crap as
if you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 03:40:13 -0700, "Todd F."
wrote:

Well, everyone has an opinion but with the responce this show gets
there sure is enough people interested in the autographs of the celebrities
who do attend. The show has been so packed that Ray finally moved it to The
Burbank Hilton.. finally, air conditioning that works...

Oh, in case you have not heard, the agents and celebs are getting in
on the action and running the shows in a way. They are grabbing other celebs
to represent them and bring them to shows.. and get a cut of the money.
While other celebs like Johnny Whittaker.. sp? is creating websites for
fellow celebrities.

Not everyone in the world can be like you and obtain in-person
autographs of current day stars every single week. . I wish I had the
contacts like you do. Many people don't see the stars at The Hollywood
Collectors Show as washed up celebs... they bring back great memories from
the past.. Look at Nick At Nite.. people still love those old tv shows. You
probably know where most of these celebs eat and sleep and can get their
autograph for free hence I can understand your reasoning for not paying, or
understanding why others would pay for their sigs LOL.. Most people are not
as fortunate as you to be able to get enough free sigs for yourself and
extras to sell to these same type of people who buy sigs at conventions.
That was meant as a compliment.

People being famous for showing their breasts? LOL.. Yeah, that's
exactly what Playboy Playmates are known for. Then again, look at the insane
amount of money people pay to get into GenCon and the outrageous money they
pay to get autographs from models. Where there is a want, a promoter will
fill the need.. LOL... If you ran into a Playmate and she signed 10 photos
for you for free you probably wouldn't have a problem selling them to people
who want this "loser" right? hehe.. When I first posted I totally forgot
about the Playmate part of the show and had to post that for those who were
interested. I'm actually a little glad they are seperating them from the
other stars. Everyone has their own tastes when it comes to collecting.

Many people loved shows like Lost in Space and this show has a ton
of cast members from it.. I wouldn't call them, or any past tv celebrity
losers for making a ton of money and then not having to do anything else
haha... If I were in their shoes I'd sit at a con for 4 hours to make a few
hundred bucks TAX FREE that is... as well.. haha..

I know I'm going to buy Anson Williams, and Don Mosts autographs...I
also have an original I Dream of Jeannie presskit photo of Bill, Larry,
Barbara with a monkey I want to get signed . If I buy their autographs
direct from these "washed-up" celebrities, or a dealer like you it doesn't
make me nuts. I would think a dealer would be happy people want to buy
autographs from "washes-up" celebrities so you can get them for free
elsewhere and sell them to them.. LOL..

Who would you consider a real celebrity guest for an autograph show?
You know a current celeb doesn't do these shows often and it's not meant for
them. Although alot of studios are finding them good to promote upcoming
movies at now. I'm looking forward to meeting Larry Hagman, Bill Daily, and
many others. They gave me some great laughs over the years and I don't
consider them washed-up. I don't expect them to act and come out with new
stuff until the day they die.

Todd F.

www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com