Old May 27th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

Default what else do you collect?

"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:25:42 -0400, "John Ahnen"
wrote:

Another collection, which at times seems like controls me, are barnyard
fowl. Chickens, turkeys, peafowl and guineas, which are multiplying out
of
control.

My suburban-born daughter just spent a few days visiting some people
in rural North Carolina. Previously, she had not been near any turkey
that was not on a plate or in a sandwich.

She was absolutely amazed watching a tom turkey. She brought back
many pictures of the wattle (is that the right term?) in various
stages of color. It changes from gray to bright red depending on the
turkey's disposition. This particular tom was like an outdoor
housepet, and followed her around like a puppy. I guess he liked
being on camera.

It is claimed that turkeys are not too bright, but my daughter claims
that the guinea fowl makes the turkey look like a genius.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

The pheasant has to be dumbest bird, they will stand at the side of a road
in Scotland and at the same time when the one car that comes along that road
per day it will then decide to cross the road. Billy