Old April 17th 06, 08:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Building a library...

On 17 Apr 2006 00:20:20 -0700, wrote:

wrote:
only characterize a certain percentage
of people who buy Eastons. Those are
the sort of people who are attracted to
them only because of their very high quality
of manufacture, but never reads the books.

ignorant ever to understand what such
a phrase means with respect to book
appreciation. But since you are aware
of that, what is to stop you from being
the sort of collector who actually reads
the books and absorbs the content as
well as appreciating the manufacture?

So, confused, Eastons are a worthwhile purchase then?

E'snob, fair warning; Palmer can be - and should be - ignored. He's
the one who some months ago proposed cleaning library marks off of
books with (get this) BLEACH. He's clueless.

Eastons are well-made, and will hold up to multiple readings. There
are other options, many of them less expensive, but there's certainly
nothing wrong with them. If you want to optimize both the way your
shelves look in the room and the way your books feel in the hand, as
well as readbility of the text, you can do far worse than Easton.

I don't know what your billable hours are as a non-partner, so my
earlier suggestions were made to save you whatever money I could - LA
ain't cheap to live in.