Old February 7th 05, 09:03 AM
Aram H. Haroutunian

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:29:49 +0100, (Christian Feldhaus)
wrote:

Dale Hallmark wrote:

The front shows Franz Josef the Kaiser of Austria and that is the extent of
my knowledge.
Sorry, I can't tell anything more about it as I haven't had a chance to do
any research.
But I had to show it off :-)

Nice medal, yes, especially the female side :-) As for why it was made,
well, in 1908 Franz Joseph "of Austria, etc." (not my words but those on
the medal ...) had his 60-year jubilee as emperor.

And on that occasion, that numismatic society (Österreichische
Gesellschaft für Münz- und Medaillenkunde) apparently had a jubilee
exhibition (Jubiläumsausstellung) in Vienna (Wien, Künstlerhaus) which
this medal commemorates.

And now, back to coins. gd&r

Christian

Were there any coins issued depicting Bismarck around 1888? Was the
social security system put in place in Germany around that time?
Aram.