Old August 24th 06, 11:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dr Ewan Jackson

Default Roman coin wanted - serious collectors please

Dave Welsh wrote:
"Dr Ewan Jackson" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dave Welsh wrote:

If you have gotten your collection to that point, you are to be
congratulated. It must be extremely impressive. One wonders whether you

have
included third century usurpers in your list of emperors, or only those

who
struck at Imperial mints.

... I confess I don't have Dryantilla, wife of Regalianus, but she's an
empress not an emperor.

Her antoniniani do come up at long intervals. Like those of Regelianus, they
are generally very poorly struck over earlier denarii.

Other than that I have all the third century usurpers as far as I know.
Name one and I'll tell you what coin I have of him.

Amandus?

Nope. You got me there.

Bonosus?

I have a billon antoninianus, with emperor holding spear on reverse.

Silbannacus?
Saturninus?

I have MOST usurpers but not these. Your point is well taken

Ewan