Old August 24th 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dr Ewan Jackson

Default Roman coin wanted - serious collectors please

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:29:17 +0200, Bob Hairgrove wrote:
On 23 Aug 2006 05:46:38 -0700, "Dr Ewan Jackson"
wrote:

In any events, most of the eBay dealers who aren't charlatans do not
sell coins worth collecting.

What is your definition of a "serious collector"? I must have missed
that somewhere down the line.

Oh, he graced us with that, you may have missed it. Apparently anyone
other than collectors of ancient and/or Roman coins (I forget which he
said) is just an accumulator. Who knew?

That said, I've got some old Roman stuff, and (shrug) I don't see any
point in getting any more of 'em

An ignoramus like you probably wouldn't.

Ewan