Old July 1st 05, 05:08 AM
ck27

test
"twillers" wrote in message
I'm very much a novice when it comes to stamps, and stamp collecting. I
have a question about cover (envelope) sizes. My father had a Scott stamp
book that was from the late 1930's. Among the stamps there were two
canceled Airmail covers dated May 31, 1930. They are both Scott UC1, and I
can easily see the watermark 28 on one of envelopes. My problem is I can't
figure out which size envelope I have. The 2005, "Scott Specialized
Catalogue" makes reference to three different size envelopes (#5, #8, and
#13). Thinking logically, I would think the #5 is the smallest and #13
would be the largest. From what I can tell from the Web, logic is thrown
out the window. I can not find any definitive information about the
dimensions of the envelopes, or how the sizes are determined. From
pictures I have found from various online auctions, it appears that the
size 5, and size 13 are the same size. It seems the size 8 is longer then
the others. Is there a place that gives this type of information. Any help
in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, twillers