Old April 13th 16, 08:39 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

Default Spar 8 Tracks

So an early day napster or pirate bay type thing you hear about all the
time.
or the good old use net news groups that not many use any more
maby spar was run by noodles

"frschoonover" wrote in message
On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 4:07:26 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Spar or spare?
kates track shack is makeing me an offer to buy my pro model sony 8 track
tape corder

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

Spar Andy. Spar was another one of those pirated 8-Track labels that were
sold at truck stops and, at times, flea markets. They usually featured
covers bands doing sound alike recordings of hits of the day. I recently
scored one from a guy in Oklahoma where I bought a whole bunch of tapes
from. Depending on what player you played them on, they usually didn't sound
very good. The company wasn't around for very long. There was also
competition from other pirated 8-Track tape labels, with most of them
compiling multiple songs from various artists onto one tape or songs from
the same artist onto one tape. I remember at gas stations and convenience
stores, when someone bought two packs of a few particular brands of
cigarettes, such as Kool, Salem, Winston, Bel-Air or Raleigh, they would get
a free pirated 8-Track with the purchase of them. I don't know how the
tobacco companies got away with that, but they did.

Thanks for asking, Andy.