Old July 23rd 04, 10:27 PM
Doug Spade

"Victor Manta" wrote in message
It was on July 20, 1969, at 10:56 PM ET, when Apollo 11 astronaut Neil
Armstrong stepped off the "Eagle" onto Moon's surface. One billion people
worldwide have then watched him on TV.

snip

How well I remember! I was with my parents at a square dance at a small
amusement park in Northwestern Ohio. Everything stopped about 10:45 that
night, and we all gathered around a TV set that had been set up in the
ground floor of the dance facility. I remember struggling to get a glimpse
of the fuzzy black and white picture for Armstrong's first step. I was
completely fascinated by the entire space program at the time.

Mike