Old January 16th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen W. Linzmayer

Default Should Inside IBNS publish FV/dealer prices?

You, I, and other net-savvy collectors may know how to look up face values
online, but many of the members of the IBNS do not use computers, or may not
know off the top of their heads what exchange rates are for obscure
currencies. That's why I think it's a service to do the legwork for my
readers and publish the FV in the newsletter.

I think it helps set a reasonable baseline for absolute minimum one can
expect to shell out for a new note.

On 1/16/07 1:16 PM, in article , "Sibirskmoneta"
wrote:

As a collector I would agree. However I don't believe that I need the IBNS
newsletter would be my source for information on face value vs. dealer
prices. For instance, recently on eBay I purchased some Ukrainian
banknotes. I know what the Hryvnia is valued at, and will allow for a
reasonable markup for the seller, frankly it is a convenience factor. So I
find someone in Ivano Frankivsk that will sell me the notes and coins I
want, at a price that is reasonable and I buy them. However, lets say the
10 Hryvnia note is hypothetically priced at $10, and I know the 10 Hr. note
is valued at US$2.00 I would believe that unreasonable, since I know the
Ukrainian Hryvnia trades at about 5/$1 I usually do not collect high value
notes, I think the highest value note I have collected in the past few years
is $12 for a Chinese 100 Yuan note that I got in a bank in China.