Old December 30th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Sam[_2_]

Default FA: Complete works of Alexander Dumas, hardcover (closes Dec 27)

On Dec 29, 11:37 pm, wrote:
Well, there you go. He got two bids, and sold the set. Obviously, it
filled someone's need...

Yes, maybe he did get lucky... The first bidder has not bought a book
on ebay in the last 90 days (unless they didn't receive feedback - a
possibility). They had bought at least two purses (one for $660.00)
during this period so disposable income was not a problem for them.

And the winning bidder? A member of eBay since Nov. 11, 2002 with a
total of TWO previous auctions and ONE feedback point! Maybe I'm
cynical, but that makes me suspicious. Barnum was surely right.