Old March 13th 04, 08:19 AM
daniel Leblanc

Considering the current steroid controversy and the refusal of MLB
to address the have (about 6 teams) and have nots (about 20 teams!) of
baseball, its no wonder interest in baseball cards especially are in
serious jeopardy.
Between overproduced game-used, parallel cards and dwindling fan
interest because of non competitive teams such as Milwaukee, Detroit,
and MANY other teams, collectivity has to take a hit sooner or later.
I mean be realistic.......The Yankees, Red Sox, or perhaps 1-2 other
teams are almost locks to win a playoff or world championship this
season. Anybody who knows baseball knows that the "true" world series
last year was the Yankee/RedSox series. Those were your two best teams.
Im not so sure Florida would have beaten the Red Sox had they made it
(thanks "Grady".....LOL).
How comforting it must be to be a Detroit, Milwaukee, or Tampa Bay fan
to realize your team has NO F_____G chance to compete from opening day.
Better yet...... lets go run to the local hobby shop to pick up that
special Detroit. Tampa, or Milwaukee "game-used" card.
Gotta make some serious corrections in both the hobby and in baseball
for it to survive as we know it. Otherwise in the near future you my
have only a system similar to Japan's=A0where teams are clustered in a
few major cities (Tokyo for example). Nuff said.
Dan.