Old March 11th 04, 03:05 PM
Jeff Shaw

Dave C. wrote:
From the looks of this ng, is the hobby suffering an agonizing death? Anyone
care to offer suggestions?

Snipped to save bandwidth

Is this post 15 years old? I've been reading this type stuff since 1989.
Upper Deck is to expensive and will destroy the hobby. In 1990 Leaf came
out and only 10% of what Donruss produced was printed (no exact numbers
where ever released, at least that I saw). Heck, people were insenced
when Fleer and Donruss started doing cards in the early 80's. The hobby
is not dying. People are being pickier on what they buy, joining trade
groups. I pick a couple of baseball sets and a football set each year
for the fun of putting the sets together. I've found shops that bust
boxes and get singles or go to shows where someone has this year's
singles and usually have other stuff at home. I'm a member of
Sportscardfun.com and have almost three hundred trades over the past
four years with people all over the world.

If things were as bad as you say, there would not be anyone purchasing
cards. Always remember, this is collecting; a hobby. Not an investment club.

Just my opinion - and as you know, opinions are like a-holes; everyone
has one and they usually stink.

Jeff in Seattle