Old June 4th 09, 03:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Default ID please

schrieb:
On Jun 4, 9:49 am, Peter Baumann wrote:
Could somebody please identify the left 5 Sen one?

What were the "Officially sealed" US stamp used for?

Peter
--
No Gates - no Bill!

Hi
The 3 sen image is too small for positive catalogue number
identification but it looks like a Japanese documentary revenue, maybe
1874 issue.

The "offficially sealed" stamps were used to reseal envelopes and
to repair damaged ones before they started using the current plastic
bags

Art

Thank you very much. Could'nt get a better - they are not mine.
As to the Japanese - I read 5 Sen, but well, it might be a "3" as well.

To the US Stamp - that was what I remembered, but was not quite shure.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!