Old June 12th 05, 06:07 PM
John DeBoo

Isn't it amusing that they can whine about you showing them (for no
profit to you whatsoever) yet they have no problem with them being on
stamps and franking covers all over the world (a profit for the
perspective postal offices)? It sounds like they took lessons from the
idiots in the US where I live. Life would be so much easier without
lawyers.....
Grandpa John

amesh wrote:
This is an ooold question, raised by me about 2-3 years ago, but here goes
again.

I have recently been contacted by the Danish Copyright Organisation
(Copy-Dan), who has notified me that according to European copyright
legislation it is not allowed to show stamps or philatelic material on the
Internet, insofar such stamps depict artworks by artists who were still
alive within the latest 70 years. Such material may only be shown in public
on condition that an explicit permission has been obtained from the artist's
estate, or if a substantial due is paid to Copy-Dan to protect the estate's
(or the still living artist's) legal rights.