Old March 18th 04, 07:05 AM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
Roscoe wrote:

Reid Goldsborough wrote:

SNIP
7) The history is very cool -- a
quick search indicates that James I was the guy who sponsored the King
James Bible -- it's named after him -- and James I had some
interesting ideas about the divine rights of kings.
--

Email: (delete "remove this")

There is no way that you believe this.... It is a joke, Right?
Roscoe

I don't see the problem here. From the inside flap of the Nelson Bibles
version of the King James; Reissue edition (June 1, 1982 ):

"Shortly after inheriting the throne of England in the midst of violent
religious strife, King James I called together the country's leading
churchmen and theologians at Hampton Court, "for the hearing, and for
the determining, of things pretended to be amiss in the Church."

Out of that conference came the memorable decision to commission a new
translation of the Holy Scriptures. King James I eagerly approved the
idea in the hope that this new translation might help avert civil war by
uniting the religious factions within his country. The uniform
translation, since called the "King James Version," dramatically
affected the course of development of the English-speaking world.

What am I missing?

Scot Kamins
---
***Collecting Euro's (for no apparent reason)***