Old March 18th 04, 12:20 AM
Reid Goldsborough

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:32:24 -0500, "DoctorZ" wrote:

Your story was a fantastic read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for
taking the time to share...

My latest purchase:
http://www.cngcoins.com/coin.asp?ITE...TEM_ENLARGED=1

I'm tempted to say something nice about your new purchase because of
your nice words to me. But I have to be honest here. Your coin is
spectacular, and I'm not saying that just to be nice. g Really.

Even though these coins aren't my area, here's what I like about it:
1) It's gold, and it gold has a timeless allure. 2) It's beautifully
toned for a gold coin, with the darker recesses nicely accentuating
the coin's age. 3) It's big, very big, for a gold coin, at 39 mm, and
though undoubtedly thin at 8.65 grams, the thinness doesn't strike me
as detracting from the coin's dimensional impressiveness. 4) Its style
is very cool, very kingly, very royal, both obverse and reverse. 5)
There are no unaesthetic indications of it's being ex-jewelry, and
though I don't know the market for these coins, as ex-jewelry, you
undoubtedly got a deal on it. 6) As a VF, all of the design elements
are present, and the coin's moderate wear also doesn't detract from
the impressiveness of the design. 7) The history is very cool -- a
quick search indicates that James I was the guy who sponsored the King
James Bible -- it's named after him -- and James I had some
interesting ideas about the divine rights of kings.

Congrats on your purchase. Can I have it?

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Coin Collecting: Consumer Protection Guide:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Glomming: Coin Connoisseurship: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Bogos: Counterfeit Coins: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos