Old February 3rd 05, 08:11 PM
James Higby

"Robert Wheaton Jr." wrote in message
I've noticed at any given hour there are at least one 1848 large cent
for sale on ebay. If you do a search for "1848 large cent" on ebay you
come up with 50 or more for sale/at any given time!

I do realize that there were over 6 million made, but is there really
that many available for sale...?

(It may take several years but I'm thinking of buying them all! lol)

Bob

The 1848 has the third largest mintage among large cents, and has
exceedingly little pressure from variety collectors, as the varieties are
exceedingly difficult to sort out in anything less than VF. So it is not
surprising that there would be that many available on eBay at any given
time.

Good luck on cornering the market, Bob!

James