Old June 26th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
scottishmoney

Default Rare China Ming Dynasty 50 Cash and 1 Kuan Notes Sold at Lyn Knight Auctions

wrote in message
http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/

I had probably a more passive interest in the 1 Kuan note than you did, but
the bids on it were early, and there was stuff that I was much more
interested in acquiring there. It is curious that some of the British stuff
went for far less than estimate, and definitely less than the price would
have been in the British market had it been auctioned by Spink etc. But as
a bidder/buyer I have no complaints, just wondering where Joel is when I
want my invoice!

The Fanning Island notes were sold for $600, and the whole note there is one
I did not know even existed, someone got a great deal on that one.

There was a significant representation of 19th century Cuban notes, and
those faired pretty firmly on prices -it is one of the nicest assemblages of
notes from there that I have seen.

The third oldest item in the auction:

http://www.lkcaworldpapermoney.com/S...uction_Id=7402

Only netted $600 and did not even meet estimate. One, if I knew more about
it, I might have been interested in.