Old November 13th 05, 03:10 AM
Jeff R

Default Another approach to image theft

"Stujoe" wrote in message
.net...
TerryS spoke thusly...

"Stujoe" wrote in message
.net...
I don't buy it but Wikipedia seems to take the position that pictures

of
US coins ineligible to be copyrighted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Morgan_dollar.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Money-US

--
Coin Information Site:
http://www.Stujoe.com

The "design' is ineligible for copyright.

I agree. And I disagree that photos of them are in the public domain.

--
Coin Information Site:
http://www.Stujoe.com

I don't think that anyone would dispute that Campbell's Ltd own the
copyright for the design of their soup can labels.
I further doubt that anyone would successfully argue that Andy Warhol does
*not* own the copyright to his oversize prints of these labels.

Same artwork - different producer (I hesitate to say "artist", or
"executor").

Does Andy Warhol own the rights to his prints, even though they are slavish
copies?

How about a photograph of a famous public building? Who owns the rights to
the photo? The photographer or the architect?

--
Jeff R.
(curiouser and curiouser)