Old July 10th 03, 01:49 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Steve wrote:

Ron,
I have lots of "extra" nickels. If you want, check my list and see
if I have anything you need. LMK what you find. As for not finding a
'67(with a mintage of 107,324,750), for some reason they are terribly
hard to find. Just ask Alan, he'll tell you.
My system is simple. I sit down and go through one roll at a time. I
keep everything before 1970 with the exception of 1964(unless in EF or
better), all the S-mints, all the '71's, and all the pristine newer
dates. I then roll up the others and take them back to the bank on my
next trip.

I second Steve's post. ;-) Those are exactly the parameters I search as
well, pre-1970 (except 1964, although I have kept one or two for
exceptionally high grade, interesting countermark or a diebreak or chip
or something).

I've found a total of 14 1967 Jefferson nickels from roll searches in
the past 30 months or so. That's out of something like 20,000 coins
searched, IIRC.

I'd never attempt as massive a search as you have undertaken...all that
change at once! Nickels do go pretty quickly, but the cents will
absolutely slow you down. ;-)

Alan
'lots of flipping'