Old November 13th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Default (RCSD) OT - I am back

Ralphael1 wrote :
Works pretty good reading emails, however attachments do not download.

Hello Ralph,

Are you speaking of problems to download attachments with OE (Outlook
Express) ?

If this is the case you should know that for some silly reason, when you
use OE for the 1st time, the preset settings are to prevent you
downloading attachments (to prevent you downloading viruses).
BUT : as a reasonable person I imagine you have a good and updated
anti-virus software and also, what is the use of e-mails if you can't
download attachments :-(((

Quite easy to modify this setting (the only problem is that my OE is in
French, so the wording in yours may differ a little bit).

Open OE
Click on Tools then Options (?) (last line of Tools)
Click on Security (Safety ?)
Un-tick the 4th box ("Do not authorise Opening or Saving attachments
that may contain viruses")
Un-tick the 5th box ("Block the images ...")

Now please tell us if it works !

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade