Old June 4th 15, 07:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default Rockola 461 maintenance

On 06/04/2015 10:28 AM, Rusty Ross - Edmonton wrote:
On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 7:43:04 PM UTC-6, tclch wrote:
I have a Rock-ola 461 "Princess" juke box that was working great but has
been idle for a while and now the volume is very low even when the knob
is turned all the way up. Also the "speaker overload" lite is on. Any
suggestions from other's experience out there?

Also I've been looking for maintenance
manual(lubrication/cleaning/adjustments) online. Any suggestions for
online documentation? - thanks in advance for any help.
--
tclch

I have owned a Rock-Ola 454 for the past 25+ years. When I first bought this jukebox I too was concerned about the illuminated 'speaker overload' indicator lamp. Someone back then told me to just ignore it, which i have done for the past 25+ years. Based on my experience you might consider doing the same.
Cheers, yet another John (not John Robertson)

Hi Rusty,

I do suggest you consider recapping your amp! That is really getting on
for that vintage, if you look up capacitor life span as designed by the
factory if run at the rated (or near) voltage the caps had about 2,000
hours of life...

Then you consider hermetic seal failures - know much plastic from the
70s that isn't dried out and getting brittle?

Buy the caps fro a reputable source, check out the guys in Ontario who
sell to the antique radio folks for example.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com