Old October 10th 03, 01:45 PM
BookEditions

In the true first, there is a b&w frontispiece--an illustration facing, not
on, the title page--of William Blake's "The Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed
with the Sun."

Jon,
Thanks for your response. You are absolutely correct about the frontispiece
illustration which I had incorrectly referred to as being on the title page. My
edition has this frontispiece drawing. I was also able to refer to Richard
Russell's "Book Collector's Price Guide" (2003) which fortunately showed a
picture of the dust jacket for "Red Dragon," and it matches my jacket. I'm not
too sure that Russell's suggested value of $160 is accurate, but since I only
paid $8 for the book yesterday, I think I made a pretty good deal.
Les