Old February 12th 09, 03:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

Default Opinions on cashing out some silver

On Feb 11, 7:37*pm, oly wrote:
On Feb 11, 4:46*pm, "RWF" wrote:

" wrote in message

Okay... I have made arrangements to sell my small cache of silver for
10x face for the pre-1965 coins and 4x for the 40% Kennedys. *I have
worked out that the break-even point for the silver is $13.82, as as I
write this, the price is $13.57. *What is the opinion of "all y'all"
about such a sale: would you make the deal, would you hold on for
silver to hit $22 again. *I am not in a position that I need to sell
the coins: just looking to turn it into "working capital" for
obtaining rolls to search or to buy other coins to work on my various
collections.

Thoughts?
Les

I think silver could see $20/oz this year given the inflationary nature
of the so-called stimulus plan.

I must agree with RF that the crap coming out of Washington will be
very inflationary. *With a Democratic President and Democratic
Congress for the first time since James Earl Carter, Jr., it is now
Christmas morning for the Democrats. *As for myself, I am clutching
very tightly to my PMs and adding more whenever possible.

oly- Hide quoted text -

A point that might be worth considering is how much you have in
precious metal, versus other liquid assets and how much cash you might
need. I agree with all the optimism about silver, but I wouldn't have
the foggiest idea when silver would make a big more (or which
direction the next one would be). It would be a shame for silver to
drop in value, just when you need cash.