Old February 11th 09, 08:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George D[_5_]

Default Opinions on cashing out some silver

wrote:
Okay... I have made arrangements to sell my small cache of silver for
10x face for the pre-1965 coins and 4x for the 40% Kennedys. I have
worked out that the break-even point for the silver is $13.82, as as I
write this, the price is $13.57. What is the opinion of "all y'all"
about such a sale: would you make the deal, would you hold on for
silver to hit $22 again. I am not in a position that I need to sell
the coins: just looking to turn it into "working capital" for
obtaining rolls to search or to buy other coins to work on my various
collections.

Thoughts?
Les

Depending on what the economy does the silver could increase in value
soon and maybe a bunch. If it were me I would hold it until I needed the
money. However it is up to you if the enjoyment of getting rolls now is
worth the gamble of waiting. In another thread it is mentioned that
Coinstar is receiving more coins from cookie jars and sock drawers so
waiting for those coins to start reappearing may be a good thing too.

George D