Old November 30th 05, 03:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default canon SD450 for coins and cats

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 04:11:01 GMT, Honus wrote:

I also found, while looking up tapetum lucidum, that not all cats have a
reflective one. Some Siamese cats don't have reflective tapetums, and their
eyes show red like ours in flash photos. I also read that some dogs have
blue tapetums...that would be a creepy thing to see. Anyway, it appears that
not only does the color vary between species but in the species as well.
Cool, if you ask me.

Thanks, that's the most intersting thing I've read in weeks. I wonder
how long it stays reflective after death - I've seen lots of pictures of
deer hunters with their deer, and only the "freshest" show the green
reflections. Obviously they have the same mechanism, for much the same
reasons (except on the other side of the predator/prey equation).

Dave "What group are we on?" Hinz