Old August 17th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.collecting,rec.antiques,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker[_3_]

Default Looking for "Christian Endeavor Greeting"

"igs" wrote in message
On 17 Aug, 07:00, igs wrote:
On 17 Aug, 05:21, Chris Shearer Cooper

wrote:
In the "Christian Endeavor Manual" (copyright 1903), available on
Google books he

http://books.google.com/books?id=w9x...lpg=PA218&dq=C...

on page 289, it says:

It is also the custom of this society to present to each new member a
copy of this book, "The Christian Endeavor Greeting".

I'm assuming that the "Greeting" is _not_ the same as the 306-page
"Manual", and they talk about having two versions, the regular 10-cent
version and then the 25-cent presentation edition.

I can't find anything on the web about the "Christian Endeavor
Greeting". Anybody heard of this book/pamphlet?

Thanks,
Chris

Possiblyhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UHROZG/ref=olp_product_details?i...

orhttp://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=wells&bi=0&bx=off&ds...

orhttp://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?DB=local&BBID=9126189&v3=1

It might also be worth asking your local library if they can track one
down for you.

HTH- Hide quoted text -

Looking at it again, the Amazon link looks like not quite the right
thing

HTH

I'm going to assume that the greeting is, in fact, closely
associated with Alcoholics Anonymous.......and this
all might be explained further he

http://www.dickb.com/Christian_Endeavor.shtml

OP, are you leading us to find you something of great
value to AA collectors?

Kris