Old November 21st 03, 02:22 AM
Darren

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:12:20 -0500, Cliff
wrote:

I picked up a world paper money collection and it has several one
pound British notes. I don't see a date on them but the reverse has
Issac Newton on it. My question is if these are still valid case
money that can be spent in England. My daughter is going there next
summer for school and while I have a pocket full of 1 and 2 pound
coins I'd like to give her these to spend if they are spendable.

The Newton note that you mention was withdrawn in 1984 so you can't
actually spend it now. They could be redeemed at the Bank of England
but I don't think your daughter would appreciate it. You can still
spend some of the Royal Bank of Scotland pound notes but these seem to
be more of a novelty these days. So it's coins...