Old August 10th 16, 11:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Barney

Default What to do with Kennedy half dollars?

I bought a roll of Kennedy halfs for spending purposes only. What I ended
up getting was about half of them from 1967 and 1968. Now I don't know
what to do with them.

I know I could use them at face value, but I also know they are 40%
silver...meaning (from what I've read the value of silver alone is close
to $3 each. I assume unless I'm a coin dealer...there's no way I could
even fetch close to that amount. I'm not a coin collector, and I'm not one
to be selling coins via Ebay.

So what do I do with them? How much could I expect to get by selling them
to a retail coin dealer? Would a retail coin dealer even buy them? The
condition of them are not anywhere near mint, or even uncirculated. In
fact they are kind grungy; and I have no idea if that means anything if
someone is buying them just for the silver content alone.

Thanks,

Barney