Old November 9th 04, 10:47 PM
gogu

? "Christian Feldhaus" ?????? ??? ??????
gogu wrote:

In the future I may sell my double coins but never a coin that I have
just
one.

Even selling your "unique" coins may make sense one day. Like, in case
you decide to collect rare/expensive medieval coins only, why not sell
the others? I do not see anything wrong with that, except you may not
get as much for those others as you would like to g.

Well, you have a point here.
Someone could sell some coins if he is in a great need of money for
instance...
It can happen to everyone.

Is the Greek "disk thrower" considered a commemorative or not ?

Well, officially there are the regular circulation coins, the
circulating commemoratives (these "special" ¤2 pieces), and the country
specific collectors coin. So in this sense the Greek coin certainly is a
commemorative. Before the euro, many EU countries had coins that matched
the circulation coins in terms of diameter, composition and such but had
different designs. Like Italian 500 lire coins, French 10 or 20 francs,
and Greece had some 50 drachmes pieces of that kind. Would you consider
them commemoratives or not? :-)

Well, to be honest I don't know !
I mean, you can get the Greek 2 euro coin "disk thrower" at face price.
But as you said, you have to pay more to buy the San Marino or the Vatican
coins and I don't know about the Finish and Luxemburg coins right now...
It is also the fact that the S.M and the Vat. coins are no released for
circulation, the others are circulating normally.
So I am a little confused as what to consider commemorative and what not...
One could say that commemoratives are only those coins not released for
circulation...
Doooohhhh...

--
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure in codesto reame
debban risolversi tutte con grandi puttane!
F.d.A

Christian