Old October 6th 04, 05:44 AM
R. Paul Martin

On 05 Oct 2004 01:26:08 GMT, nky (Scaupaug1) wrote:

No need to shake it. Use it right out of the bottle as is. When the bottle is
used up, it will look like a 1950's bottle - inky at the bottom.

I think I've just experienced this lessening of intensity. It doesn't
happen to the ink in a pen that's been filled for some months, but
when I just filled a very clean cartridge with Noodler's Black I got a
rather gray line, as opposed to a black line. I guess I'm going to
shake the bottle here. I'm using the ink in a Kaweco Classic Fountain
Pen.

And I've just refilled my Shaeffer Imperial and the same thing is
happening. I've shaken the bottle and refilled both pens. I'm still
writing out the ink in the feed, I guess. The Shaeffer Imperial has
had Noodler's Black in it as the only ink ever used in it. It was
definitely writing the dark, black line for some months.

I bought the Noodler's Black in May, and opened the bottle on June 30
(yes, I wrote the date of opening on the top of the lid). That June
30, filling has been working well in the Shaeffer Imperial since then.
It ran out today.

So I'm wondering what's going on. I have an unopened bottle of
Noodler's Black bought at the same time as the bottle I'm using. I'm
not going to open that yet.

If your flow
is reduced - and you leave the bottle open for a long time you can add a little
water to pref.

I do not think that I've got a restricted flow, at this time.

(you should fill the pen and close the bottle promptly, as the
water used in the ink is chemically as pure as can be made and it would be wise
to preserve from evaporation loss). ....

I put the lid back on the bottle right away. It's only off for maybe a
minute per filling. So that means the cap has been off for maybe two
minutes, three at the very outside.