Old July 20th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Carney Wilde

Default All praise to R. Dunaway, Bookseller...

Evelyn C. Leeper wrote:
Annibale wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
. Although

I would not say that New York was a bad book town, now, I am old enough
to remember 4th avenue at its heyday, and it was a much better book
town then. In that immediate neighborhood, that I know of, Strand is
the only one left.

But new ones have opened--Alabaster and 12th Street Books come to mind.

I think I'm a bit too young to know about 4th Avenue at it's heyday,
but in the Strand's nearly immediate neighborhood, I would also mention
Skyline Books on West 18th St., Books of Wonder (a children's
bookstore), also on West 18th St, The Salvation Army Thrift Store
(definately a crapshoot) on 4th Ave on 10th Street, and Partner's and
Crime Mystery Bookstore on Greenwich Ave off 6th Ave. I recently
purchased Daniel Woodrell's first novel, Under the Bright Lights in F/F
condition at a bargain price at Skyline Books.

AL