Old May 20th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default economy mail from overseas

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message
news

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall"AT"cableone.net wrote in message
I won a reference book from a French seller on eBay and I paid $13 for
shipping.
I was emailed when the item was sent and told that it would arrive in
7-10 days.

I gave up on ever getting that item a LONG time ago but believed the
seller really did send it so I left no feedback
good or bad. That depresses me as near $40 purchases are not something I
can easily lose and feel good about
or forget.

Well it arrived today!!! 47 days after it was shipped!!!
I feel like celebrating. :-)

Dale

Beats my record. 33 days is the longest I've had from overseas.
Once it took a first class package almost that long to make its way from
Texas to Virginia. I had ordered some Washington quarters from a guy in
Texas. And then got busy and forgot about it. About a month later, I
remembered that I hadn't received the quarters yet and was about to write
the guy a letter when the package showed up in my mailbox. It had been
postmarked about 2 days after I sent the order with a check. So the guy had
actually sent me the quarters without waiting for the check to clear (I had
ordered from him before). But it did take a month or so for the package to
reach me. And it had been sent first class.