Old July 6th 10, 08:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Drago the Wolf

Default NH store uses $2 bills and 50¢ coins

On Jul 6, 2:08*pm, Paul Anderson wrote:
The Manchester Union Leader had a front-page, above-the-fold story
yesterday about a merchant in Colebrook NH who uses half-dollars and $2
bills as "normal money" at his store.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...+merchant+make
s+his+money+work+for+him&articleId=c6b01735-f0cc-48ab-89e4-954bf713b0ac

Paul

These are the two "odd" denominations they SHOULD be concentrating on
getting circulating. NOT dollar coins. We already have $1 bills, but
we do not have a 50 cent bill or a $2 coin circulating, so, lets
concentrate on getting a couple forms of currency who's DENOMINATION
does not even circulate. We already have a "$1 unit" circulating, so I
think we need to worry more about a 50 cent unit and a $2 unit
circulating, more than trying to fight over "which $1 unit should
circulate"

Besides, at least most regular cash registers have $2 bill slots and
half dollar coin slots. No need to worry about $1 coins, as they
TRUELY ARE "the unit of currency with no space for it in the cash
register"