Old September 7th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sapphyre

Default Need Help (Identifying) Korean Stamps

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your help with the Koreas. I got some Vario pages today,
and I'm ready to try and sort things out. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot
more questions in the future. I found a vintage sheet of "flags of the
world" and there's some flags that have been long since used, for
places like Viet Nam, Laos, Yemen, etc. I'm sure I'm going to need some
history lessons to find out the differences of these countries (or
perhaps I could start a thread on that). The stamp dealer told me the
library has a Scott Catalog I can use when I get stuck, but my issue
is, that's a ton of pages if I don't know what I'm looking for.
Hopefully when I get down to the stuff I have no clue on, it will only
be a dozen or so images. I tend to get lost on a series, like when the
Finnish stamps had Russian on them. Fortunately my friend from Finland
was able to help me on that one. Those stamps are cool!

Cheers,
Sapphyre