Old September 11th 11, 06:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

Default Just Bought a New Pen

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 19:40:02 -0400, Bluesea
wrote:

"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
newsp.v0ftt50m0p3ku8@localhost...
So, the other day, I just purchased a new fountain pen. My goal was to
find a smooth writer (not necessarily the most wet, but smooth), and I
came up with the Aurora Rembrant. I like the weight and feel of this
pen,
but it does write a bit more dryly than my other pens, despite being a
medium point, where most of my others are fines or extra fines. It is
smooth, but I'm waiting to see whether the dryness will fix itself or
not.

Overall, I'm liking it so far, the magnetic elements of it are a nice
touch, as I like the firm grip the cap has on the body when fixed,
without
needing the threads of a screw-on.

Sounds nice. How heavy is it? What ink are you using?

So far I like writing with it, though it is a bit more sensitive to angles
of writing than my MontBlanc (not a problem if I write correctly, though
for others this would be a bigger problem). I don't have a precise weight,
but it's close to the weight of my MB Le Grande, which is more than my
Namiki Falcon. It could even be a little heavier than the MB.

I think I've only tried with some sort of Aurora ink or the like. I think
I might have some MontBlanc stuff around that I might try. I'm not sure
I'd like to try Noodler's in that pen or not.

I've found that some inks are drier than others and it's worth playing
around to get the best ink-and-pen pairing.

Yeah. I'll probably be doing some of that.

Aaron W. Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost Art of Thinking.