Old August 24th 10, 02:28 AM
carolyny476 carolyny476 is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis A. Miniter[_2_] View Post
For a mere $3 today I got a 1st printing of the 1st American
edition of Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass (Knopf 1996),
fine in fine condition. I think the most important thing in
book collecting (outside of gaining the requisite knowledge
of books) is hunting every day. And fortunately for me,
Connecticut is the Happy Hunting Grounds. With all the
Goodwill stores, Savers, library book sales, second hand
stores, and tag sales, there is always somewhere to look all
the time.

--
Francis A. Miniter

In dem Lande der Pygmäen
gibt es keine Uniformen,
weder Abzeichen, noch irgend welche Normen,
Und Soldaten sind dort nicht zu sehen.

Siegfried von Vegesack, "Es gibt keine Uniformen"
from In dem Lande der Pygmäen
Thanks you for the post.