Old August 17th 10, 02:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jean B.

Default Pullman, The Golden Compass 1st American

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
For a mere $3 today I got a 1st printing of the 1st American edition of
Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass (Knopf 1996), fine in fine
condition. I think the most important thing in book collecting (outside
of gaining the requisite knowledge of books) is hunting every day. And
fortunately for me, Connecticut is the Happy Hunting Grounds. With all
the Goodwill stores, Savers, library book sales, second hand stores, and
tag sales, there is always somewhere to look all the time.

Kudos to you, both on the book and on hunting every day. I have
been rather lax this year, because I am kind-of preoccupied with
moving--a large part of which is building and finding shelves for
books and sorting the books that need to be spliced into the books
that are currently shelved. EEEK!

--
Jean B.