Old August 27th 03, 11:06 PM
Scottishmoney

"Christian Feldhaus" wrote in message
news:1g0bej4.fscpq21uu8nc0N%ignore0503@feldhausnet .de...
Coin Saver wrote:

*IF* I wanted to become a counterfeiter, I would *NOT* try to
duplicate US Currency.

Guess it depends on where you are. For somebody in the US,
counterfeiting USD notes and attempting to spend them in the US may not
be a brilliant idea. But in other countries, where such notes are
circulating and widely accepted as a second currency?

Christian

The former USSR is a prime example of where a lot, and I do mean lot of
counterfiets circulate. By some Russian media accounts as much as 20% of
the circulating USA Dollar notes are counterfeit at times. I remember when
we spent US$ in Warsaw Poland, after they saw that we were coming from
Ukraine they thoroughly checked our cash when we tendered it at the US
embassy there. Never mind that it originated in the USA from whence we
originally came.

Dave