Old August 27th 03, 04:12 PM
Coin Saver

From: Christian Feldhaus

For somebody in the US, counterfeiting USD notes and attempting to spend them

in the US may not be a brilliant idea. But in other countries, where such notes
are circulating and widely accepted as a second currency?

If the notes are circulating and widely accepted as a second currency, you
still have the initial problem ... the greater risk of the counterfeits being
discovered as such at the initial entry point into the financial system (when
spending or depositing).

But if I made £10,000 worth of easier-to-copy Phillippine Pesos, then deposited
them into a Singapore international bank, had the funds then wired to an
international bank in Nairobi, then to one in the Carribean, it'd come out
clean and nearly trail-free.

But all of that is fictitious speculation, of course. I have better things to
do with my talents / time than to flirt with 2 decades worth of jail time.

8-/
Coin Saver