Old May 19th 10, 03:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

Default Beck and Goldline International

Bruce Remick wrote:

oly wrote:
On May 18, 2:59 pm, Ken Barr wrote:
In article ,
Frank Galikanokus wrote:

Talk show host Glenn Beck and Goldline International, a
California-based gold retailer, have colluded to use fear mongering
tactics to bilk investors, according to a stinging report issued
Tuesday by Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.).

Read mohttp://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/37413.html

Wow ... a politician accusing a coin deeler and a talk radio host of
unethical behavior ...

It looks like I'm going to have to trot on down to Target for a new
irony meter ... mint just exploded!

--
Ken Barr Numismatics email:
P. O. Box 32541 website: http://www.kenbarr.com

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and if the sellers' wares
weren't too overpriced, presumably those "scared-out of-their-shorts"
gold buyers have done well recently.

Only if they bought at X and sold at Y, where Y X. How many people buy
gold for the short term? Likely not the scared/shorts types.

If you're NOT worried about the future value of all the fiat
government paper and all the shabby government promises, that would be
a sign that something's quite wrong with your mental faculties.

Being worried and doing something pro-actively about it are two
usually-mutually-exclusive activities. How many times over the past two
to three years have you suddenly clammed up when I pointedly asked what
actions should be taken to protect oneself against those evil things, mon
vieux? Just sayin'

James

Seems to me that we've had federal fiat paper since the Civil War with no
tragic collapse in value so far, and we've gone through some tough times and
weak administrations over those 150 years. These current times undoubtedly
are among the most challenging for us, but I see no reason to panic about
the future value of our dollar. But then I'm not a pessimist by nature.

The only people pushing for a return to the gold standard are those that
are heavily invested in gold, like Ron Paul.

I think it's hilarious that he named his son Rand. He read a book in his
youth and has been infatuated with it ever since.

JAM