Old September 11th 03, 12:26 AM
john cline ii

"BlueOrbit" wrote:

| I purchased this Waterman Carene Roller Ball on eBay. It is in brand
new
| condition, except for the following two issues:
|
| 1. The golden tip on top of the barrel (part that screws in to the
lower
| part of the pen) is loose and wiggles from side to side.
| 2. The cap won't stay posted on top of the barrel.
|
| I have a Waterman Carene fountain pen with an identical external
design,
| which has none of these issues. Can I fix these issues myself?

Depends on your abilities. But if it is brand new, I would send it
BACK:

! If so, can
| someone specify a step by step on how to do it? If not, this pen
should be
| under warranty from Waterman - where do I send it in?

Are you in the USA? Canada? Russia? This is a worldwide USENET
group.

Assuming you are in the US, which is not a very safe assumption, call 1
800 BEST PEN and have them send you a mailer. Last I heard, the
address (which has changed recently) is:

Sanford Parker, Waterman and rOtring Repair Center
2200 Foster Avenue Janesville, WI 53545-0815
Tel: 1-800-237-8736
Fax: 1-608-755-7227

If you fix it yourself, how ever will they know they may have a whole
run of pens with problems?

john cline ii who hopes this helps