Old July 10th 03, 04:15 PM
Eric Swartz

A slight correction. The Ivy Press edition of "The Truth Machine" had a
cover price of $19.95.

It also came with, at least mine did, a couple of reader survey postcards in
the front. (As well as the bound readers survey at the end.)

Eric Swartz

"Mike Berro" wrote in message
t...
I discuss Halperin's ARC on my website (proofs part two), reprinted here

by
permission:

There's an interesting story behind this book. James L. Halperin is an
expert numismatist, and co-owns a publishing company that published books
about coins. This is his first novel, and he self-published it (by Ivy
Press) in hardcover, reportedly in a run of 12,000 copies, for a cover

price
of $22. It garnered a fair amount of attention online (I was one of the
first to mention it on the newsgroups), and Del Rey decided to buy it and
publish it themselves, which they did so for $24 each.